Saturday, 22 October 2011
Today is the perfect day to start moving your body and I'm going to make it sooooooooooooooooooo easy for you.
So easy you can feel great, reduce your stress, increase your movement, breath etc etc & you'll acheive something special................. like taking time for YOU & your health - wouldn't that be great?
Especially after reading an article in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning...
The Top 3 excuses the personal trainers interviewed came across were - lack of time, low energy & can't afford it
Ok so here's the deal. Follow the video below ........... yep its that easy!
Too Tired - If you have enough energy to lie on the floor, then you have enough to follow the video & notice how much more energy you have after
Time - 3 minutes thats all you will need! Thats 3 minutes it takes to get up off the couch & open the fridge door
$ - This is FREE
So no more excuses, lets DO IT! click now ...
From my years of teaching, the book opening is one of everyones favourite, so enjoy ....
Please remember to do so at your own responsibility and if you have concerns about injuries, health issues please consult with a Dr prior.
here it is ...
Things to think about when doing this movement
* have your head, neck & shoulders organised and comfortable
* heels in line with your tail bone
* hips stacked
* follow your fingers with your eyes
* keep arms in line with shoulder girdle
* breath out when your forming the big arch with the top arm
* breath in when stationary
* visualise the rib wrapping around your spine
* opening of your heart to the sky
* make a note of how much your movement improves after each one
* there should be no pain in this exercise, only freedom in feeling your body move this way
Thank you to my dear friend Bernie who became the camerawoman & director to support me & you!
For more information & exercise programs please contact Bev Today and lets share the message of 'It's time to shine' with the people you want to live a happy health & vibrant life easily!
Time to shine facebook
Linkedin Bev Carter
If you want a laugh .... have a look at Blade in action....
Sunday, 16 October 2011
I did my first handstand in years!!!
It felt amazing & was such a thrilling experience! I hadn't realised until I tried again that I still had the strength & ability to do a beautiful handstand
As my yoga instructor said "If you don't give something a try, you'll never master doing it? Is there something you need to try to master?
So this experience got me thinking? Why didn't I do this sort of thing more often ?
Being connected & taking the time to be me, the crazy & strong gymnast, the childlike me that throws a cartwheel from no where......This quality is something that is important to being really happy & free within yourself.
Now you might not be a 'handstand person' like me ..... ? Do you have things that you used to do that made you happy and choose not to do because of lack of time, energy, fear, ability, etc?
I challenge you this week to do something that makes you feel young, free, happy that you haven't done in years.
Below are some ideas if you need a little inspiration to get you thinking...
* kick a ball around
* Take a walk in the rain
* Pick some flowers
* Take your shoes off & walk on the ground - my favourite is the cool morning grass
* Paint a picture
* Borrow your childs 'hoola hoop'
* sing out loud
* smile at a stranger
Please share your experience & share your inspiration
Have fun & shine into happiness this week
Contact Bev today to Shine into your happy, healthy & vibrant life!
Sunday, 2 October 2011
Actually I am surprised how long it took me to enjoy & value the incredible practise of Pilates.
I have been active all my life, ballet from 3yrs old, gymnastics from 7 yrs, sport aerobic International champion in my 20’s, Gladiator into my 30’s and despite a few injuries stopping me along the way I continue to be active every day.
My favourite activities are easy to do, things I can do anywhere in the world & all I need is my training shoes, so no matter where my life takes me I can have the freedom to be active. Because being active helps me feel balanced, centred, happy & healthyWhat does exercise,activity & health bring to you?
I love the joys of walking/running in nature, swimming in the ocean and outdoor body weight training – eg push ups, chins, dips, squats etc. Body weight exercises use many muscles groups, are challenging yet you can see improvements quickly which is motivating & the most important for me is the feeling of being strong in my body. No need for dumbbells, gyms or weights - I ALWAYS have everything I need in me – that’s cool.
So you would think Pilates would be ideal compliment?
Absolutely, Pilates requires nothing except a mat. Yet it took me many years to ‘connect’, I tried many classes, it simply didn’t ‘get me’ like other types of acivities. Eventually.... I was very fortunate to meet a great teacher/mentor who helped me experience the intensity, the concentration, the improved movement & learned the skill – for me it was like re visiting my gymnastic past- Body conditioning & movement at its best!
So perhaps if you like me, have tried classes & not really enjoyed Pilates please give it another go, try different instructors or styles of Pilates until hopefully you find one that you love or ....then I will accept that Pilates is not for you
After intense training, I am qualified & a true convert of Pilates. I have had the pleasure of seeing all my client’s movement, posture, confidence & strength improve while reducing joint & back pain. Pilates is subtle, sophisticated and so effective.
My top tip
Invest in 2 or 3 private sessions, I appreciate that they can be expensive yet will start you off in such a great way. There is an awful lot to think about with Pilates & it can be overwhelming so it’s helpful to have one on one attention when you start. These session get you moving correctly, take care of any injuries or personal challenges, improve your awareness & confidence so when you join a class you will know how & what to do from the very start.
Benefits of Pilates
· Improve functional movement· Increased core stability strength
· Increase strength
· Improved flexibility
· Increase focus & concentration
· Well being - complete mind, body & spirit workout
· Increased circulation
· Energy levels rise
· Can reduce stress levels
· No age limit – Joseph Pilates was still practising until he died 87yrs old
· Improved Posture
Things to consider
· Pilates is a brilliant form of strength & conditioning. It isn’t a fat loss exercise so you will still want to do some cardio vascular & food changes if your intention is to lose weight.
· Suitable for everyone
Pilates not just a woman thing guys come along to a session & you will find out how challenging, fun & how much you feel better at the end.
· If you have back problems, injuries please speak to instructor before beginning & importantly invest in one on one session before going into a general class
· Everybody’s body is different & unique so Pilates can be a great leveller – There’s no competition in Pilates as everyone’s bodies have different challenges in movement, flexibility, strength etc. Always know if you find ‘x’ exercise hard someone will find your ‘best’ exercise hard.
· Comfortable clothing is important. Wear clothes that you can really move freely, remembering that you will have your legs in the air, leaning over etc.
· Use thick mat rather than a thin style mat if you are doing Pilates mat class on hard surfaces
· Arrive on time. The first 5 minutes are often the most important to ‘set you up’ for a effective class
· No shoes are required so again please consider your fellow participants J
· Try Reformer classes, mat class with rollers, magic circles & bands for variety
· Generally Pilates isn’t recommended during week 8-24 of pregnancy. Please seek professional advise
Call Bev 0414 415 902 Today for more information on Private Sessions & Workplace Pilates
Return to Life through Contrology (1945) - by Joseph Pilates
Your health (1935) – by Joseph Pilates
Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness – Joseph PilatesContrology (Pilates) is complete coordination of body, mind, and spirit – Joseph Pilates
'You're only as old as you feel.' The art of Contrology (Pilates) proves that the only real guide to your true age lies not in years or how you THINK you feel but as you ACTUALLY are as infallibly indicated by the degree of natural and normal flexibility enjoyed by your spine throughout life." --Jospeh Pilates, Return to Life Through Contrology, 1945